Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy National Candy Day!

Well, ok, it IS halloween. And I DID let D TorT tonite, (at the mall). And I am now enjoying the fruits of my labor. Hehehe, we got some good candy.

Our day started out with a really long walk. My coworker Matt, my friend Dina, and I had planned on doing 13.1 miles out at White Rock Lake today. Yes, its been a month since I've walked a LONG walk. I knew it was going to be hard. And oh it was. So while Matt went on ahead at a potty break stop for the rest of us, we only did 9.3 miles and did the full loop around the lake. Now thats nothing to sneer at, 9.3 miles IS tough, but it's no 13.1 miles. I SO need to go get new shoes. Again, my feet were killing me around mile 7, I think. That last 2.3 miles was awful. But we did it. And afterward, Dina, D, and I celebrated with a yummy brunch at Barbecs, a little restaurant down near White Rock.

After getting home for a nice nap for mommy, D and I hit up a fall festival this evening. It was at a big outdoor mall, so there were bounce houses, all kinds of games, plus the stores were doing TorTing. And apparently, mommy isn't as set in her beliefs on TorTing as I had thought, as I let D do it...lol Oh well. It was fun and I'm reaping the benefits of some of that tonite. It was a good day!

1 comment:

Caseymae said...

yay atleast you did that many miles - i thnk i would have died! And I like the twist on ToTing - call it National candy day - instead of Halloween :) And then it isnt REALLy Halloween anymore :)