Sunday, October 18, 2009

Long weekend

But it wasn't a true long weekend. Just felt like it. AF is wrecking vengeance these past two days and oh, I am so over it! I'm so miserable.

My dad and stepmom had asked if we wanted to join them for an earlyish dinner (they were in town for the TX/OU game, (sorry, OU!) and were about to head home to OKC). So I loaded up all three boys (I babysat for my friend's two boys overnight) and we hit up On The Border. Her 3 year old fell asleep before our food even arrived and ended up sleeping through dinner. Both 5 year old boys did really good, though I probably would not have attempted that without knowing there would be extra hands.

Today was pretty stressful as we were late getting to my grandma's, and almost weren't able to pick up some things that we had to for it that I couldn't get yesterday, but it worked out I guess.

I do have to say, (and I have a few cute pics to post on D's blog, but I've been slacking on those since we haven't really had any "adventures" the last 3 weeks with it raining so much and then AF this weekend), but D has been doing really good lately behavior-wise. Obviously he still has impulse control issues etc, but overall, he hasn't had any major behavior issues. He's been busting out the yes ma'ams and the thank yous in the best places, like in front of his neurologist the other day. Love that boy.

So eating obviously has not been good this weekend. I'm not happy about it, at all. But tomorrow is a new day. I have been barely managing to squeak by for the challenge. Yesterday midmorning I got in my first half of the hour by doing 30 minutes on the bike, but never got the chance to finish it out. So I had to do an hour today. And it so sucked. I took a 15 minute walk this afternoon with D, it was about as long as I had before having to hurry home with AF. And then did 30 minutes on the bike while watching Extreme Home Makeover, and then this evening, did another 15 minute session on the bike. So I made it the week. Now if AF would hurry up and finish, I could get some really good sessions in without having to stress over it!

Tomorrow is a new day, I'm repeating over and over to myself, tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: