Thursday, October 22, 2009

D's EEG Part Two

Well, we ended up leaving the house around 5amish to slowly head our way to the hospital for D's EEG. He'd been trying to go to sleep at home, so I'd promised him we could go play at McDs for a bit. Only one problem, the McD's playarea here doesn't open til 6. And we got there at 515, and D was already asking for the music to be turned up in the car so he could go to sleep...lol I headed towards Childrens, in the rain, having to keep D awake, being exhausted myself, and praying we'd find a McD's. We found two of them nearish the hospital, but no play area. So at 6am, we went ahead and went in to see the trains there. And we found out they don't run til 7am. LOL Oh what a trial that was. So we ended up just going up to the EEG unit around 6:30ish and just sat and waited. I let D play on my phone and he did just fine.

All that said, we finally got to 8am, our appt time. D did great. He resisted a little bit at first, and tried to bring his hands up some as she was putting the nodes on but as soon as I caught ahold of one of his hands, he settled right down. After the nodes were on, you could tell he was just about to go to sleep, in that blissful state right before you pass out. She did make him wake up enough to start the test, which included blowing on a pinwheel for 3 minutes (apparently it stresses the brain). Then she let him pass out asleep for 20 minutes, and finally woke him up to put a stroble light in front of him while blowing bubbles at him. He had his own little rave going! LOL He was SO not awake through all of that. But its over now. I'm a little concerned at some of what she told me she was seeing, not really understanding what it is (but I know its something that was on his previous EEG), and not sure if it will mean an automatic abnormal EEG or not. But I have to wait til Monday to see that.

The rest of our day was peaceful, we got home and both passed out asleep around 10am. I slept til 1230 or so, but then was wide awake, and I woke D up at 3pm. We hit up a playground with some friends of ours, and then tried a new diner, Rockin Rogers, for dinner. And D is now passed out in the bed for the night, and after a quick load of laundry, I will be joining him!

No comments: