Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a Wednesday

Today was just LONG. Traffic was AWFUL this morning with the rain and so it took an hour to get to work. Work itself wasn't too bad. We had a costume contest and I dressed up in all my walking gear, including my medal, race bib, and garmin watch. It was so much fun seeing what everyone came up with! With the weather bad and a big class up at corporate, our lovely Career Services Dept ordered in pizza for everyone. That was nice, and I really tried to be good. I had 2 pieces knowing that the evening might be a bit higher cal.

Tonite, however, was the longest part. I had to keep D up all night long so he'd be sleep deprived enough for his EEG Thursday morning. They need him to go to sleep during it, and sleep deprivation increases the risk of seizure activitiy which they need to know about. This is no easy task!!! After I picked him up from school, we went to go get him a fresh haircut so it'd be easier to put the nodes on his head (the "stickers" as I've been talking to him about it). Then we grabbed a light meal and headed home for a bit. I had both of us take a nap from about 7:30pm til 8:45pm, so we did get one whole hour of sleep. lol Then we met up with our friends Chera, her DH, and D's little buddy, her daughter, at IHOP for a late meal. So much time to kill! We hit up Walmart after that for awhile, and I'm glad I posted it on facebook! Someone suggested midnight bowling on there, so after we grabbed Slurpees (mommy badly needed a coke slurpee....lol), I drove us by a bowling alley near here and found out its open 24 hours. YAY!

So I got to take D for his very first bowling experience, in a noncrowded experience (pics to come on our adventure blog). He did have somewhat of a difficult time staying on focus, so I had to constantly be calling his name, but overall he really enjoyed it!! He got frustrated a few times and fell on the floor whining, but considering it was 1am, I wasn't too surprised...lol We made it through anyway. It's now 4:20am on Thursday morning, and we're at home watching Dora for a bit. D's hanging in there ok. He keeps going back and forth between wanting to dance to Dora, and laying on the couch in a stupor til I encourage him to get back up and dance...he's NOT going to sleep!! I'll update later today with what else we did this early morning and how the EEG goes.

No comments: