Sunday, October 25, 2009

Outdoor weekend

I'm so glad the rain went away for a weekend! We had such a great weekend, and got to spend some time outside enjoying the weather!

On Saturday, we hit up a big DAM playdate, (but really late, on purpose), so got to see a few mama's we don't normally see. Then we met up with a new DAM friend to let our two boys play (she has a 6 year old). They did so great together! I was cracking up though. At first, they were both saying "I'M the boss!" at the top of the slide/"office" as they called it. And we waited with baited breath to see how that would go. Well, finally her son said "Hey! Why don't we BOTH be the boss?!" D thought a second and goes "ok!" And they were fine ever since. It was hilarious to watch, but I'm glad we let them sort it out on their own, they just needed to come to a mutual understanding...lol. My arms/shoulders are SORE though from pushing them on the tire swing, but they loved it. It was a little scary though as twice D slipped right out under the swing and fell on the ground. Silly boy, keep your booty on the tire and hold on!!

After that, we joined our friends for dinner at a new southern cooking place. The kids were so cute "taking turns" to tell the others to "go to sleep". It was funny.

Sunday was quiet enough. We hit up my grandma's house for lunch, and my cousin and his wife were there as well, so we all played outside with D for awhile. You know he loved the extra attention, especially with Erin there. He LOVES her. After we left there, I wasn't quite ready to go home and wanted to go do something fun with D, so we ended up seeing Astroboy at the SMG. I really liked the movie, it definitely kept D interested the whole time, which is always a plus!

Food and output both sucked this weekend. Output for me was off because of my foot. The place where D dropped the bowling ball on it has been nicely bruised and swollen all weekend, so we didn't get out for the long walk we wanted to do. There was just no way. At least next weekend looks good weather-wise to get out on a long one.

No comments: