Friday, October 30, 2009

Crazy week...

Of course the weather hasn't helped. I am sick and TIRED of all the rain we are getting! It could stand to move along to areas that are in an actual DROUGHT. lol I really try to thank God for it as we typically need it so bad, esp during our 100 degree summers, but I think it's bringing everyone down. Traffic has been awful, people just seem to be more aggravated, and I know we are all ready for some sunny, cool fall days here in Dallas.

After my post on Tuesday about what we had PLANNED for dinner, things got thrown for a loop. When we got home, we found that construction on the street near us, had knocked out power to half our street. So D and I ended up at a hotel for the night. It wasn't bad really, was clean (enough...lol), had a hot shower, and D slept all night (the best part!), so I have no complaints on the experience. It just would have been nice to have slept in my own bed, and had my computer.

That did throw off my week in terms of eating though. And I have a feeling the weekend is not going to be much better, especially with tomorrow being National Candy Day. Oh wait...well...some people call it Halloween. We don't "do" Hween but I am going to let D dress up this year to go to a fall festival (not sure which one yet, I need to make a decision!) tomorrow evening. He's going to be a pirate! Arggggh matey! This whole week has been dress up week at his school for Red Ribbon Week (encouraging staying drug free), so I'm throwing it all in with that. There will be pics soon on our Adventure Blog soon of what all he dressed up with this week for each day's theme.

I've been getting in my challenge time though. Although both Wednesday and yesterday, I squeeked by with the bare 20 minutes. This morning though, I got up and did the 30 minute WATP, and either at lunch or this evening, I need to get in another 30 min. Tomorrow, my coworker and a friend and I are walking 13.1 miles. So we'll DEFINITELY get the 3rd hour long session I need for the week (times about 4.5!) and then Sunday, I can do a light 20 min to work out the kinks from the long walk.

No comments: