Friday, August 14, 2009

Planning, lots of planning

My coworker made a comment awhile back that he bet that right after the half was completed, that I'd be scouting out my next one. I hate to tell him this, but I'm WAY ahead of schedule...lol

I know that to keep training consistent, I'm going to have schedule events regularly or I'll lose momentum, Teresa and I talked about that the other day at lunch too. And so I was browsing around at work today (ssshh!) and I think I have a good schedule mapped out!

Since my next goal is to start running more after the half, I found a training class that starts about a week or so after the half. It's a beginner class that trains you to run in the Turkey Trot 5K which I wanted to do anyway! My only hesitation is that I'd need to bring D in the stroller to class, I emailed the instructor about that to see. Hopefully I can, but if not, well I'll just have to figure out something else. I've considered doing a Couch to 5K program which would be roughly the same amount of time, and if I follow it well by myself, it'd have me ready for the Turkey Trot too. So I've pretty much decided that the TT is my next goal after the half.

I did find a couple of half marathons for next year already that look really interesting! There's one in OKC, where my dad lives, so that's always a possibility! And def will be doing the Heels and Hills Half in May as well, I love H&H!

So I'm plotting and planning, and will get it all figured out! Keep an eye on Upcoming Events on the right hand side for more details and dates.

No comments: