Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First week half over

So my little man is officially a kindergartner. Monday went a lot better than I expected, as did yesterday. He seems to be fitting in quite well. So far, I've been really impressed with how they are working to support him in the classroom. I've said all along though, that if he's NOT being supported, no one will get a thing done because he is NOT the type of kid to sit idly and let things go. He's going to wreck havoc. So yeah they kind of HAVE to. I'm glad they are though and VERY glad that they are listening to the ideas/tips I give them!

I did hear a funny story from his teacher yesterday. On Monday, he discovered the pencil sharpener. And was trying to sharpen things ALL DAY LONG. Finally at the end of the day, the spec ed teacher unscrewed it from the wall and hid it. Well, yesterday, they got back in the room from center time, and he was walking around the room with it in his hands. They were like how did he get THAT???!!! lol So it's now hidden WAY up high. Silly kid...

Yesterday, I jumped back into walking. AF had seriously derailed me for over a week, and it was nice to get back in the groove of it. Up until the half, we're going to be walking every single day except Fridays, which I'm going to be taking off just for a rest before our long walks on the weekends. Last night, to start out kind of slow, we did 2.4 miles. I went home before going to D's school and changed clothes, then walked the stroller down to his school. There was a Back to School meeting at 6 so I stuck around for that and then we headed out on our walk. It felt good to be stretching my legs out so we took it a bit slow.

No comments: