Sunday, August 9, 2009

Heels and Hills 15K

So...last weekend, we walked White Rock Lake which was 9.3 miles, basically a 15K. We did it in 3:07:07. I had no idea what to expect in a time, so I was "ok" with that though I knew it was slow.

We did the Heels and Hills 15K today, and again I didn't really know what to expect time-wise. I think Jenn and I both were thinking 3 hours flat or less would be great. Well, not only did we stay below 3 hours, we killed it!! We finished it in 2:48:21. How freaking cool is that??? We knocked 19 minutes off our time!!

Now I will say, I have some awesome friends. Because as we started the race, Jenn offered to push D in the stroller so I could get a good feel for how my time would be without the stroller. Then she and Dina continued to push him for the rest of it, and at the 10K mark where Dina turned off, she even offered to watch him for the rest of the 5K. They are such awesome ladies! I believe that the great time we had was totally because of no stroller. This REALLY took a load off my mind because I'd been worried that not having the stroller would slow me down. So it was an awesome feeling!

I will say, this was probably the most mentally challenging walk to date. First of all, we had to pass by the finish line 3 times without stopping. I knew going into it that would be difficult for me, and while it was, I dealt with it. The last mile and a half or so REALLY got to me, but I pushed through, and we got it done. Even jogged in the last 10 feet to the finish...lol Gotta look good in pics...hehe.

I'm sore and stiff right now, and my groin area on the right side feels sore again like 2 weeks ago, but I'm dealing with it. I'm doing NO exercise tomorrow. lol And will be ready to go on Tuesday with 4 miles.

Yay for Jenn and I!!! We finished our first official 15K!!! How freaking cool is that???!!!!

No comments: