Friday, August 21, 2009

Lots O Stuff

Today was a GREAT DAY!!! So much happened, so much HAS happened, and I'm just spinning with everything going on.

Ok first...today is OFFICIALLY the 3 year anniversary of me signing the papers and bringing D HOME! *heart* It was quite a day, August 21st 2006. I met my caseworker up at the CPS office, where we met with his caseworker plus another CPS person. D was quite the hot mess while we signed papers! After that, he was all mine! My caseworker followed me home for our first "official" home visit (we had one a month for the first 6 months) but D fell asleep in the car so I laid him down on the couch and she would have to come back the next week. I still can't believe its been 3 years since that day!

Well on to other things today. It was D's last day at the daycare he has been at for almost 2 years! Despite the lack of supervision, all the complaints I had, most of the teachers really did love him. And we'll miss them, most of em anyway...lol

We also got to go up to his new school for Meet the Teacher! Well, we already met his teacher when she came to our house, but we got to see his classroom and see the school, etc. I LOVE that his classroom is not one of the "open" format ones with just a wide entrance instead of a door. His classroom is one of the few that has a door!! I don't think his teacher knows how much that will help!

So we go into the weekend gearing up for the first day of school on MONDAY. Pictures to come of my handsome boy going off to kindergarten!

No comments: