Sunday, August 16, 2009

In a mere six weeks...

we'll be walking a half marathon! I can't believe its SO CLOSE. To be honest, I found my mind trying to psych myself out about it the other night. When we finished the 15K, I kept saying WOW we only have 4 more miles to go to make it a half. And the other night, I was thinking, omg, we still have 4 miles to go. I tend to think these thoughts are totally natural in this process, and I accept them as part of it and am pushing past them, but wow. lol Just...wow.

The thought of all this blows my mind anyway, so typically, I just try not to think about it and take it one week, one bump up mile at a time. I think what got to me is that the most we've done is 9.3 miles, then 8 this weekend and we bump to 12 next weekend. That's a bigger step than anything we've done before but I know we can do it. And can't wait to push through.

No comments: