Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day 2009 and my sad choice of input

Today, we got to see a black man be sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. I'm quite conflicted in how I feel about it. I was excited watching it because he IS the first black president, although I originally had been indecisive on whether or not TO watch it at all. But its tempered for me, because I do not and will not agree with his politics. Its a done deal, no going back now, so I will be watching to see how things go in our country and the kinds of decisions that he makes, and will be praying that he be the leader who makes Godly decisions.

I do want to let D watch it online this evening when we get home. I want him to see, even if he doesn't understand what is going on, what a monumental day it is for him and for his future. I know D is in a unique situation. He's in a very gray area, in that, while he is black, he's in a white family. That alone, I know, is going to give him opportunities that others might not have, and it will open him up to more heartache, as sad as it is to say, as he'll have to find his way in both worlds. But regardless...I want to raise him to be the man that God wants him to be, not the world. To not worry about what other black men may think of him, what white men may think of him, but that its what GOD thinks of him, that truly matters. And if he has that approval, then he's a winner. Although we all know he's already a winner in his momma's eyes. lol

Ok on to I/O. I actually got up this morning and worked out! It helped that D had been up EVERY HOUR since 2am, so by 5:30am I was just done, and said screw it. I banished him to his room while I did. See below for what I did, I was DYIN.

And...I made a sad choice today. At the store, I threw a bag of skittles in the cart at the last minute. I convinced myself the whole way home that I wouldn't touch em. Yeah I ate the bag tonite. :( There are no excuses, I knew going into it that it was gonna happen, but I'm severely disappointed in myself for even getting them in the first place.

Input:
B: fatfree yogurt, apple cinnamon cheerios with skim milk, bottle of Crystal Light
S: half a serving of almonds
L: Lean Cuisine mac n cheese meal
S: a cup of caramel popcorn and No Sugar Hot Chocolate
D: Grilled chicken, Lipton Butter Noodles (made without butter), sliced tomatoes
S: bag of skittles

Cals: 1532 calories

Output: 23 min Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout this morning (which I am FEELING tonite, my legs will barely move!!!), so I did bicep curls this evening, 2 sets of 25 reps each arm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Brandie, D is going to grow up to be a fabulous man. Your post about him made me a little weepy. In a good way, of course. :)