Saturday, September 27, 2008

My first 5K!

So today, I accomplished something I've wanted to for a long time! I walked in a 5K!!! I was so proud of myself for getting out there and DOIN it. In hindsight, I should have prepared a bit more for it. I only got 3.5 hours of sleep the night before, AND I was pushing a 43 lb kid in a stroller. I was draggin a bit...lol but it wasn't TOO bad.

Thanks to Helen who set up the team! You ladies are awesome, and I couldn't have walked with better people! BTW, all but two of these pics were jacked from Helen's pics...lol :) I had to share anyway! But check out HER blog, her little boy is way too stinkin adorable...

NOCC 5K - Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer - our team was to honor Helen's sister, a 1 year survivor!

D and I, ready to go. (Psst...thats a 2X shirt, and it fits!!)

And we're off...

An hour and 15 minutes later...we're almost to the finish line, D says "come on GUYS!!" right before he did a face plant...no, he didn't walk most of it, only at the end...he was strollered...

YAY we did it!!!

DAM momma's rock!

No comments: