Sunday, September 7, 2008

Food addictions

Ya know...I give props to anyone who can beat a drug or alcohol addiction. Both of those have chemicals in them that can cause a serious addiction and withdrawal from them can be extremely painful and awful. But I have to say, and I'm sure anyone else with a food addiction will agree, that its a BIOTCH. The problem with a food addiction (and I said the above to not minimize the seriousness of drug/alcohol addictions) is that you can not cut it completely out of your life. You HAVE to eat. With drugs and/or alcohol, you can completely separate yourself from them. I'm not saying its easier, trust me, I'm not. But dang, dealing with a food addiction really can be a cross to bear because you have to be around it, you have to put food in your mouth, and you have to learn how to conquer that addiction while still intaking it. Its a daily struggle and might always be. But I guess like anything else, you take it one day at a time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya know, I never thought about that. I guess people who give up smoking feel a similar way. But you're right, you can't survive without food so this gave me something to ponder! You should write an article on this topic, Brandie!