Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, joyous Christmas!

We got to experience a "Texas blizzard". On Christmas Eve, we headed to my aunts house, about 45 miles away from us, and it was snowing. By the time we left 3 hours later, we were in full assault. A trip that typically takes less than an hour, ended up taking us 2 hours to get home. But we were blessed in many ways. Several overpasses were blocked already due to cars sliding, but we found the one that was not too bad. And while I had to take a detour into downtown, it worked out because I missed a BAD overpass and was able to get back on the highway with no issues. But other than that, we had a nice Christmas Eve with family.

We woke up Christmas morning to snow on the ground still. I was determined this year that D and I would have Christmas morning at OUR house. And I had asked my best friend if she would take D shopping with a bit of money from me, so he could pick some things out for me to open. D loved his gifts, and I loved getting to experience that with him.

After that we headed to my other aunts house for Christmas Day brunch which was also the one time a year I see my mom. And then we headed to my best friends house for Christmas dinner. There was lots of laughter, lots of kiddos running around screaming, it was hectic, but it was a blast, and I wouldn't have missed that for the world. Even got to get my baby fix in. *heart* It was, while not without its issues, an overall great day, and we topped it off with a special RAK.

This weekend, I took a few big steps in some things, a few great strides emotionally for me, and the rewards I felt from those, let me know it was well worth the effort. The Christmas spirit was alive and well in my heart this weekend. :)

Today felt a bit like a let down though, with it all being over. We bummed around the house all day, and then met a friend for dinner and then made a Target run, so it was a quiet day for us. D slept until 10am!!! That is SO unheard of for him! But he didn't get to sleep til about midnite, so he needed it. He also took a GREAT nap! It was, all in all, a day to recover from the festivities, and prepare for all that this next week and the new year will bring. I'm currently preparing a post about some plans I have for 2010 and I'm very excited about it. The goal this next year will be to get this weight off once and for all!

No comments: