Sunday, December 6, 2009

Feeling somewhat better

This was the first morning in a week that I didn't wake up feeling like I was choking. You can tell some of the infection is slowly going away. I still have issues with my voice, and a yucky cough, but this is much progress.

We had a decent weekend though I slept most of Saturday, lol. I only got up finally to feed D some lunch, then we both took naps. It was very much needed rest for me! After that, we got our 3 year old houseguest who spent the night with us, and I put up our Christmas tree while the two boys played. I didn't get much sleep but part of that was my own fault for not going to bed til 1245am and part of that was my 5 year old who woke up at 6am and was WIGGLY after that. Sheeesh. Good thing I got all that sleep on Saturday!

We had a fun Sunday today. However, we were a bit disappointed in a planned trip to take cookies to a nursing home and visit with the residents. First, the activity director forgot we were coming so was not there to greet us. Then, the staff acted like we were in the way. It def felt like they were understaffed and couldn't spare anyone to show us around, or even help us out. We could have wandered the halls ourselves but had we just started handing out cookies, we had no way of knowing who was diabetic, who was on a special diet, etc. So we stood around awkwardly for a bit and finally left. :( After that, we had a yummy late breakfast at Denny's, where D ate the whole restaurant. He needs to finish this growth spurt! After a Heels and Hills Run Team late lunch, we did a quick RAK, and then headed to see Santa! D was quite excited that he had a reindeer there too, and loved getting to pet it.

This evening I did my workout to make my 3rd one for the week. I finally managed to find the foam roller that my trainer asked I get so used that too. And now just mentally prepping for the week ahead. It's gonna be a good one!

No comments: