Thursday, August 28, 2008

A letter to my body *Some TMI*

This is a letter to my body. Its been a long time coming but I finally decided to just publish. I am beyond frustrated right now with my body, so here goes.

Dear Body,

I hate you right now, I really do. And moreover, I hate what I've done to you. I hate that at most points of this diet, you make me go 3 days with no bowel movement. And I fully believe its because the colon is so stretched out from all the crap I used to eat that you just can't MOVE things now. Body, I've been trying so hard to help you out. I've increased my fiber intake, I'm eating better foods, but you have to help ME out here. Get moving! Literally! I won't take this mess too much longer.

Body, I really am trying to help you out here. In a week, we go in for a full check up. You're going to get poked, prodded and all kinds of fun stuff. But just remember, I'm doing this for us.

I'm sorry I've been so awful to you. I'm sorry that I used to shove pizzas into you. I know you didn't like it, but you adjusted to it. Now I beg you to adjust again. I make a vow that I will NOT ever go back to the way it used to be. I might have moments of it, a splurge here or there, I'm sure at some point I'll backslide abit, but I will not be putting you through having to adjust again to having that much food inside you on a daily basis. I'm not going back. So please go ahead and get used to this, I give you full leave to do so.

Thanks, and I really do love you, ya know. I don't act like it, and a lot of times I don't always feel it, but its there. You've been with me my whole life, the only thing constant in my tumultuous life. And while I may have abused you, its only because I know you'll always be there for me. Lets make the rest of this life a good one.

--Brandie

No comments: