Friday, August 29, 2008

Food addiction

I wonder if I will fight this for the rest of my life. I know it gets easier, but will it ever go away? I've been wanting to write about this since Wednesday evening but had not had a chance yet to type it up. Prior to that, I had thought I was doing pretty good. I broke night eating awhile back, so things were going good with eating, but then came Wednesday evening.

Since we had had Subway for dinner and I had ground turkey defrosted, after D went to bed, I decided to go ahead and cook some spaghetti sauce for the next night. I finished cooking it, and had it in a container cooling. I stuck my finger in it to taste it (hey, its just for D and I to eat...lol) The next thing I knew, I had a spoon in my hand and was about to eat a huge spoonful of it, when I stopped myself.

It surprised me how quickly that almost went bad! I couldn't believe it. But it gave me a renewed determination to kick this. I DON'T want to fight this forever. Maybe in another year or so, it won't be so automatic. But until then, I need to be a lot more careful! Until then, maybe no more night cooking either! I ended up tossing the container into the fridge before it was cooled off so that I couldn't smell it anymore, because even though I put the spoon down without taking a bite, I still had that desire to badly. :(

No comments: