Friday, March 26, 2010

A good reminder

So I get the Jillian Michaels emails in my inbox, and just wanted to share this as it struck a chord with me. I didn't even need to read the whole article...lol just the teaser caught me.

"Who doesn't want to look totally hot? If you asked 100 people who were starting to exercise for the first time (or returning to regular workouts after a long time off) what their main motivation was, the majority of them would say something like, "I want to look good," or "I want to fit into a size __ again." And hey, whatever gets you on track initially is good enough for me. But when that scale hasn't budged in a few weeks, it's time to remind yourself that there are lots of other reasons to make exercise a habit."

You can read the rest here.

That struck close to home, even though it hasn't been weeks, but this week my body has been quite weird about the weight. On Wednesday, it jumped UP 2.4 lbs, and I've eaten REALLY good this week. SO I was getting frustrated. It's just SLOWLY come back down the last two days too. But I keep reminding myself that that doesn't give me the liberty to say screw it and eat whatever and not exercise. That this is a day by day process, and even if I lose NO weight at all, I'm doing what is right for my body so that I can lead a HEALTHY and more productive life. I'm eating healthier, making better choices, and getting my workouts in. As such, my body IS getting stronger. I do things in my workout with my trainer that I couldn't do 3 months ago. I can feel the changes slowly but steadily. So for now, I'm good...that email was just the motivation I needed to keep at it another day. And I thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I once heard someone say that no food tastes as good as looking good feels. So true!