Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The joys of caffeine...or not so much...

Its amazing to me how dependent our bodies get on caffeine! Before I was on this diet, I was drinking BOATLOADS of regular soda, mainly Dr Pepper. Well 5 weeks ago, I cut it down to one soda a day (yes that time SUCKED), and then 2 days later, made that one DIET soda a day, and I've been happily plodding along with that. Well, last Friday I made a commitment to cut out all soda, and I've been amazed at how I'm still having headaches from it, even though I was only at one a day. Its crazy, and they really need to ease up quickly without the use of ibuprofen! I've also really been noticing these past two days how much earlier I need to get in bed without caffeine for during the day...lol Mornings have been rough...to say the least...

So, in closing, thanks to the soda industry for getting me hooked on that, so I have to suffer more now just to get healthy...blah...

No comments: