Sunday, October 11, 2009

A new challenge!

And this one with someone else to keep the motivation going!

Teresa and I are starting up a new exercise challenge, which began this past Friday.

The terms: At least 20 minutes a day EVERY DAY of exercise, with 3 days a week of at least an hour. Whoever wins, gets a gift card to a sporting goods/athletes store like Luke's Locker or Run On, whatever, from the loser. Since Friday, I've done the bare minimum of 20 mins (a walk at Firewheel on Friday evening and then 2 stationary bike sessions this weekend) which means I need to get in 3 days this week of an hour. First up, getting up early tomorrow morning (Monday) to do the 45 minute 3 mile WATP to get as much done as I can. I won't have anytime tomorrow evening to do it, so will make up the rest at lunch.

I feel like I've lost a lot of motivation to get in the long walks, and I hate it. So this week, I'm going to splurge a bit, and go get a Garmin Forerunner. I got tired of using MapMyRun on my iphone since it zapped my battery if I walked more than 7-8 miles. So I'm going to get it off of that and on to my wrist! I've been doing research on which model to get, and I'm really hoping this will be just the jolt to my motivation to get me up and going the trails again! I miss those early weekend mornings of distance walking!

Food has NOT been good this weekend. We had a slumber party on Saturday evening at Beth's house and totally enjoyed (til after the fact, LOL) a junk food evening and some movies! Today was lunch at my grandma's and she had some homemade lasagna which was da bomb! But I went to the store this evening to get some healthier options and tomorrow will be back in business. D and I will be having leftover lasagna for dinner tomorrow night but I only brought home a small amount and going to be adding a big salad with Zesty Italian light and some fruit to it.

No comments: