Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some goals met, more to go!

I'm excited to announce that I hit the minimum fundraising goal for my 3 Day Walk!!! We had an awesome Pure Romance party this past Saturday as a fundraiser and that topped me over the $2300 mark. Woohoo! This means I can actually get checked into the walk, however, NOW I hope to actually be physically able to do the walk.

My foot is still constantly aching, with occasional stabs of pain. Last week, I walked every single day, at least 20-30 minutes, and had a ton of pain in the evenings. So this week, I'm trying a new strategy. Last night, we ended up walking 50 minutes total (did about 2 miles), and the pain while walking was no worse than having done just 20 minutes at the time (the pain over night and this morning though? Yowza.). SO...I'm going to try completely resting it today (will do my trainer workout tonite which keeps me off my foot for the most part), and then tomorrow do another 2 or so miles, as far as I feel I can go. I'm hoping that this might strengthen it a bit more. Or it could be a huge fail. Ya never know until you try. I was really losing motivation for walking, so it feels good to have some sort of "plan", if nothing else.

As for the headaches, they still come and go. In fact, Monday and Tuesday of this week were especially bad for that. I REALLY need to take my doc's advice and go back to my TMJ doctor. Once she mentioned that, I started paying more attention and yeah, I HAVE been grinding my teeth more, making my jaw pop more (it pops everytime I move my mouth, but it's becoming habit to MAKE it pop while idle), and she thinks it could be causing the headaches.

So there's my update. I don't know if I'll hit the goal of being under 300 by Memorial Day, but darn it, I'm doing my best to accomplish it. My calories have been really good lately. I've had a few minisplurges, but nothing to derail me, they were all very much controlled, and I feel good about them. And if I don't hit that goal, it's ok. It's not going to stop me in this.

No comments: