Monday, March 22, 2010

Not so daily anymore...

I have SO slacked this month posting on here...sorry! I have been posting on Beth and I's Losin blog daily, recording what I eat and my activity. Since March 1st, I'm down 6 lbs. Well, 8, but our weigh-in today was after a lot of carbs etc for me on Saturday, so 6 "official" lbs. Regardless, despite some emotional stuff going on, I've been sticking to the diet for the most part and am feeling pretty good about my choices.

I started walking again today. D and I got out for a 3.27 mile walk tonite. It was tougher than I thought it would be, but did include some decent hills.

I'm pretty much having to admit that I likely won't make the Heels and Hill Half Marathon in May. It saddens me, but I just don't think I'll be ready! I'm going to keep pushing forward as if I'm still doing it though, and might make a last minute decision to go ahead, but as of now, I'm not seeing it happen. I still weigh 29 lbs more than last year's half, and can only imagine how much harder it will be. So that's my big announcement. However, the September half is definitely still on, and I'm excited about having all summer to swim and get in good training walks, now that the majority of my eating is under control.

And finally, our 3 Day team fundraising is going really well! We just had a garage sale this past weekend, and will continue it this coming weekend since we still had so much stuff left. Despite the rain and cold, we were quite successful!! So...on we go towards hitting our goals!

1 comment:

Issysmommy said...

Hey girl...keep on keepin' on!! You are doing great!!! This is a lifelong journey, not an event, and your journey is one of victory, persistance, and redemption. I think you can "downgrade" your option for HnH. Since you already paid for it, I think you could opt for the 10K or the 5K. I bet the 5K would be a tangible goal. I so appreciate your tenacity...you are an awesome encouragement to me!!! And let's walk together soon...if we don't both sleep late or get a sick one. :)