Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oh goodness...

So...grocery shopping with a good list yesterday. Today...I modified one of the recipes into something even healthier but SO much more delicious. And then this evening...I put a freakin pork loin into the crockpot. The world might just be ending. lol

First, our meal tonite...was going to be "Easy Beans and Rice". It consisted of a mixture of ground beef, black beans, and Rotel, served over rice, with fat free sour cream on top, and then a side of Baked Tostitos Scoops. But the rice just didn't sound appealing to me. So I threw the tostitos on a plate, and topped it with some of the beef/beans, then added abit of 2% milk mozzarella cheese, and added the fat free sour cream on top. Instant nachos! A side of sliced oranges completed the meal, and both D and I thought it was a huge success! Score one for mommy! (Can you tell I was proud of myself?? lol) And saved probably around 100 calories by eliminating the rice. Woo!

TWO of the Emealz for this week include shredded pork. So tonite, I busted out the crockpot that NEVER gets used, and tossed a pork loin in it.

Now all this sounds very simple, but to me, this is HUGE for me. The majority of our meals consisted of processed foods, boxed meals, drive through, eating out, etc, and so this is a novelity to me, to really be putting together foods. And while a lot of this is probably nothing to most people, it's big to me. I'm not saying I'm going to completely cut out the rest as I love to eat out and be social, but at least I'm enjoying this cooking stuff. So...progress is good. And yummy too. *grin*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl! You are going to see a huge difference after a few weeks of cutting the CRAP food. You're on a roll! Keep it up!! You need a juicer, though -- maybe in 2011?! HAHAHAHA!!